Saturday, March 04, 2006

Animal Love

If you thought that you were about to read some “hot” article, you’re wrong. This one is about the love that we have for our little animals, our pets.

I just wanted to joke, and I might have caught you on this one, come on, admit it =)

Last November after hearing that my cat back home had died I just decided that I had to get another one. And I drove my “hubby” (not officially) nuts, until I found one.

Apparently cats don’t breed in the cold months so it was kind of hard to find it. So two weeks later I brought home our “baby”, a small orange tabby, named her Lea (for lioness) and had no idea of what I was about to experience.

“Hubby” started to have allergies, not just allergies, but BAD allergies. So bad that by the end of the week he wanted to return her. I just couldn’t bare the idea of returning my baby, don’t get me wrong, but she is my baby, a bit hairy I’d say, but still my baby!!!!

Tears dropped enough to fill an ocean and the baby stayed. She is no doubt the best cat I could have ever found. Never misses her litter box. Sleeps all night long. And whenever we’re home she will cuddle in between us to get her attention from both of us. (the picture of baby was taken the day she adopted us in Nov/05)

............................In Loving Memory of Lea, may you rest in peace......................................